4 Pro Tips That Show You the Incredible Power of Taking Action
People live in their heads too much — it’s an epidemic.
If you think about it, you may realize how much you overthink each task and find millions of solutions to your problems before they happen.
Sometimes, when you are in a good mood, most of those solutions are positive. But most times, they escalate in negativity until they ruin your life. And there has never been a time when your expectations meet reality. Either you have future sight, or it never happened.
Our life is full of doubts. You may have realized they are ordinary. And the only way to shrink them is to take actionbecause doing something brings you closer to your goal.
Dreaming about Content Creation.
I’ve seen many aspirant creators live in their heads too much. Some of my followers told me they would like to start writing and share their experiences with the world, but they cannot emerge. And when I visit their profile page, I see no more than five pieces of content.
I try to tell them they still need time. And that deliberate practice will help them improve in style, content, and promotional skills. But most conversations end up with a melancholy promise that they will try.
Well, trying is not enough. Action is what you need.
Start building and stop dreaming about being a content creator. Act like one, speak, promote, and become one.
Words are nothing without a demonstration. And I want to help you get out of your shell. So here are four pro tips I learned about content creation and taking action.
4 Pro Tips to Stop Dreaming and Take Action
Taking action is the only way to stop dreaming about being a content creator and becoming one. But it can bring many other benefits to your life.
When you act, you increase your self-esteem while you take steps toward achieving your goals and seeing some results.
Also, it helps you reduce stress and anxiety. Since you approach your goals, you will also feel a sense of control and progress. So you won’t stress too much about the outcome anymore because you can see it closer.
But it can also lead to more meaningful relationships and opportunities. When you open yourself to new experiences, you meet new people and build deeper connections.
So as a content creator, you will also improve other parts of your life. And you can do it with these four pro tips.
1 — Act by surprise.
First of all, act by surprise.
On many occasions, I wanted something but was afraid to take it or ask for it. I was scared of the answer I would get, and giving up was the easiest option.
If you remain in your comfort zone, you cannot feel pain. And renouncing things you want seems more comfortablethan fighting for them. But in the long run, you feel the pressure of regret. And you wish to change your past decisions. Yet, it’s too late.
So act by surprise.
Forbid your brain to think about it. If you want something, go for it. As soon as you feel your heart burning with desire, start working towards your goal. These moments are rare, and if you don’t take the chance, you might not have another one. So force yourself to take action. And don’t expect any outcome.
2 — Admire the results.
You must admire the results if you want to perform with consistency.
Sometimes, a small list of all the good things that came from doing something can make you less fearful about the process and more focused on the goal. So it will be easier to do it because you will forget about your doubts and focus on the benefits.
Admiring your results will also help you understand which tools and resources you need to improve and speed up the process. You can always become better at what you do, but you must know how to do it first. And if you admire the results and learn how to become more efficient, you will have more free time to spend on other things.
3 — Lower the doubts.
A great technique to lower your doubts is to look at them closely. Think about every time you had the same doubts in the past and how they turned out to be nothing. And write a list with examples and experiences in which you felt the same way about a difficult task, and everything went great.
If you do, you will charge up your body to think it can deal with anything. And it will be easier to deal with doubt. You won’t worry about what others may think anymore. So your content will become more vivid and original.
Also, once you lower the doubts, you can build a better plan to measure your progress and success because you already know what you have tried in the past and what worked. So your content plan will improve, and you will interact better with your audience and expand your reach.
4 — Build in public.
Building your work in public is one of the most successful things you can do as a content creator. If you do, you will notice many benefits:
- Your followers can see how much time and dedication it takes to build a piece of content, and they will appreciate you more.
- Your audience can share ideas about things they would love to see and do marketing research for you.
- And you will increase the amount of content you make with meta content, which will help you build a bigger audience. Your target will naturally expand to the content creators who want to do your job. And you don’t have to change anything else about your content strategy.
The Challenges You Will Face
With these four pro tips, you can stop dreaming about being a content creator and become one in a few weeks. You will start making content right away. But you will also have to face many daily challenges.
- Motivation is one of the worst challenges to defeat. Staying motivated is challenging, especially when the progress is slow or nothing is happening.
- Focus and consistency require daily commitment you won’t always reach.
- Also, building a content plan that works will require many trial-and-error attempts. You must refine it and find the schedule that works best for you. So don’t worry if taking action won’t bring you any success for some time.
Taking action is the only thing that will make you stop dreaming about being a successful content creator and become one. And you can do it in many ways. But here are the four pro tips I used to grind until today.
- First, act by surprise. Don’t give your brain time to think about all the excuses and fear that will prevent you from reaching your goal.
- Second, admire the results. Praising your good actions is the only way to remain consistent without giving up.
- Third, lower the doubts. If you analyze your fear, you will find out how inconsistent they are and improve your mood.
- And fourth, build in public. The best way to become a content creator is to show people how much you work for them. They will appreciate it even more and also research niche topics for you.
With these four pro tips, you can stop dreaming about being a content creator and finally become one.
Become a better content creator now!
Receive the best content creation infographics directly in your inbox. Join The Challenge.
If you want to write and get paid, subscribe to Medium through my referral link, or follow my Substack newsletter where you can read old newsletters too.