- Download 12
- File Size 198 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date March 28, 2021
- Last Updated June 3, 2022
A three-step cycle has always ruled our creativity: research, ideation, and inspiration.
- Research is the part of the cycle that provides your brain with information. You can read articles, or go to the library, for example. But reading is not everything: you can also watch films and series to absorb raw ideas.
- Ideation involves speculating about issues and finding solutions. This part comprises brainstorming, sketches, and outlines for the project.
- Inspiration allows you to look at old concepts in an unordinary fashion. It depends on your environment and your thought paths. But most of all, it depends on your past experiences.
Therefore, to improve creativity, you need to boost those three steps. And you can do it in many ways.
For example, you can become more curious to boost spontaneous research of new ideas. Or you can build an idea journal to keep track of each new idea and make concepts interact.
Human connections can help with creativity too. The more you interact with other people, the higher the chance they give you fascinating perspectives you have never suspected.
And last, what can inspire you more than everything else is to keep yourself trained. Keep searching for new concepts, and you will become an idea magnet.
If you want to read more about the creativity cycle and discover how to use it to your advantage, check out how to improve your creativity and get new ideas.
Download More Infographics
Improve your content marketing strategies! Subscribe to receive exclusive infographics for content creators and personal growth challenges each month!
If you want to write and get paid, subscribe to Medium through my referral link. Otherwise, follow my Substack newsletter so you can read old newsletters too.